most of my thoughts cannot be put into words, here are the few that can

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's about a five hour drive.

 

Just me, and a lake, and God.



 It takes three hours to hike to and a lifetime to understand.
Just me, and a lake, and God.
It rained the whole time. The good kind of rain. Needles made the pines bleed. The air was as thick as sap.

Just me and him. Just us.
No words were really said. None needed to be.

Just us, and a lake.

And then we just looked at each other. All of the sudden I was in a staring contest with God. I think I won because the stars kept blinking. Even God needs night lights. But I don't know for sure because I was afraid to look him in the eyes.



And then He said "How come you don't believe in me?"
And I said "I think it's the other way around."

He saw his reflection in the lake, and I saw mine. And then we just looked at each other. Someone said we looked like brothers, but I couldn't see it. He had a woman's heart inside of a man's body. I had a broken heart inside of a jar.

It rained the whole time. Just us, and a lake.
Just Him.
Just me.
Then it was just me.



6 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say.

    Um. Good.

    But other things.

    "And I said "I think it's the other way around.""

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had a woman's heart inside of a man's body. I had a broken heart inside of a jar.
    So so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It takes three hours to hike to and a lifetime to understand."

    This was amazing. I like that you included the parts from your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. I've read this quite a few times. It makes me feel some kind of way. I can't describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know that something is fabulous when it has a "haunting" type of effect afterwards. Like-- you've gone on with your day but what you read isn't done with you yet. It leaves me wanting more.

    Keep writing! #IWantMore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're absolutely amazing. I love being in nature and feeling like it's just you and God.
    You described the scene so well.

    ReplyDelete