most of my thoughts cannot be put into words, here are the few that can

Monday, July 7, 2014

The Land of Opportunity

If you were to ask me what was so important about the fourth of July I would say that it was the day I quit my job and started packing for Oregon. You would ask why I was going and I would tell you that it is hard to understand.


And God bless America because I'm 18 years old and I feel so free. Now there are fireworks going off in my head and I know they are beautiful but they are hard to understand.

I don't know why suicide is possible. Luckily for him, it wasn't.
Because the journey through state borders is nothing like the journey through lifetimes and sometimes we get ahead of ourselves.

Someone told me that the less you wash your hair the faster it grows so I bought every bottle of shampoo and conditioner on the shelf and scrubbed for days so that maybe I could slow down time.

It was the last day of my job, and I'm all packed, and I've got a bus ticket to Portland but nobody to pick me up at the station.


Maybe freedom is the ability to get ahead of ourselves.
Maybe if I scrub hard enough i can wash away our problems.

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't say what I felt when clicking on this post. It's been about four months, but it feels like years since your last one. The washing away and the slowing down and Oregon and understanding and just I want to thank you. Your words, your thoughts are gold. They got me going forward from what felt like nowhere months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful and captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh thank you for finally writing I love this and bro I love you and they are beautiful fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please write more (seriously)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great.

    That part about trying to slow down time. So good.

    ReplyDelete