most of my thoughts cannot be put into words, here are the few that can

Sunday, November 24, 2013

"Iceland" pt 2, or "How to Give Up"

its august 2009, and im transferring into a sewing class
just to be in the same room as the girl ive had a crush on for the past four years.

its february 2010 and ive finally accepted defeat, so i start liking her best friend instead.
in may i give her a candy bar and a flower and awkwardly stare at the ground while i tell her happy birthday.

new semester in 2012, a girl sits by me in seminary and i think its love. shes six months older than me and we become friends but over the summer she forgets who i am.

the next fall i ask a girl that ive never talked to before to go to homecoming.
we kissed on new years but nothing ever really happened.

prom 2013 and i think i find the love of my life
i also find her cuddling with my friend a week later.

its my senior year and i know ive found the perfect girl.
i get butterflies every time i see her. we go to homecoming together.
nothing happens.

nothing ever really happens.
no matter how hard i try nothing ever really happens.
8 years later and ive finally given up on girls.
ive given up on school, and on god.
ive given up on my parents and theyve almost give up on me.
so far the only thing i havent given up on is iceland,
but she is still the perfect girl.


11 comments:

  1. I feel you man. I feel you.
    Such a good post. Very specific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( it's okay. girls suck, i know cuz i am one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the nothing feel. Yeah, it sucks. It may (or may not) get better. Time will tell how far you will go.

    Keep Grand Slamming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what happens, you will always have that one person that will always be there for you, and nothing will ever change that. This much I can promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Daisy...we girls are awful.
    This post was amazing.
    And I loved how you didn't use proper grammer, everything lowercase and missing punctuation, showing that you really have given up (maybe I'm wrong but that's how I interpreted it..)

    Loved this. Sorry about all of that though... :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. "so far the only thing i havent given up on is iceland,"

    #thenewparis #thenewalaska

    ReplyDelete
  8. you freaking killed this dude. SOOO good.

    #kickass #dropthemic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not even in creative writing anymore; the class. But I love coming back and pretending I am and trying to imagine who is who and trying to imagine the beauties that write amazing posts. You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is ridiculously good and accurate.
    "I've given up" same.

    ReplyDelete