most of my thoughts cannot be put into words, here are the few that can

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Indie Poem


 i am the smoke from an incense stick
floating above the charred autumn leaves


i was not invented
i do not choose to exist.
the wind carries me
but unlike a breeze, i have no direction.
i long to be colorful
but no matter what burns inside me
i am just thick, gray smoke.
i hear children laughing, and ducks quacking, and a sun setting
but my whispy form creates no sound


i disappear with the fire.

6 comments:

  1. "but no matter what burns inside me
    i am just thick, gray smoke."
    At least you smell nice, since you came from incense. I don't know what to tell ya. This is beyond my non-indie vocab. . .
    Grand Slam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was truly phenomenal. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i was not invented
    i do not choose to exist.
    the wind carries me
    but unlike a breeze, i have no direction.
    i long to be colorful
    but no matter what burns inside me
    i am just thick, gray smoke."

    The way you put this is perfection, I could really relate to it. The whole poem was amazing and I loved the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this.

    "but my whispy form creates no sound"

    ReplyDelete