most of my thoughts cannot be put into words, here are the few that can

Sunday, September 15, 2013

#11

The first day of school they told me i could grow up
to be whatever i wanted
that decision haunted me for a while
I finally decided, and told them
"I want to be everything!"
they laughed and tore apart my adventurous heart
and i can only start to forgive them

they said you can grow up to be whatever you wanted
then they put you in a suit for two years
tell you to get married
and find a respectable job
"it's the only way to be happy"

the freedom was never really there
but if you choose freedom
"you're going to hell"

one of us is wrong, but either way
i'm growing up to be what i want to.

4 comments:

  1. "one of us is wrong, but either way
    i'm growing up to be what i want to."
    I agree. There does seem to be some strange lie about being whatever you want, and then having to do life cookie-cutter style lest there be consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete